Minutes of September 8, 2008
Minutes are unofficial until approved by Town of Eau Galle Town Board
The monthly meeting of the Town Board of the Town of Eau Galle was called to order by Chairman Murtha at the Town Hall at 7:00 P.M.
Chairman Murtha indicated that the notice of meeting had been posted as required by law.
Town Board members present were John Murtha, James Lund, David North and William Peavey.
Minutes of August 11, 2008 regular meeting were read and approved on a motion by David North second by Jim Lund, motion carried.
Discussed 2 Lot CSM for Norman & Rebecca True. Motion by John Murtha second by Jim Lund with condition that St. Croix County approves joint driveway, motion carried, map signed.
No one was present to apply for Building Inspector position.
John Murtha started discussion on proposed ATV Ordinance by thanking large turnout for being present and noted that notice of meeting was not in paper but properly noticed and meeting was a legal meeting. He reminded those present to address Town of Eau Galle board and not other members of the audience.
- John Murtha reviewed history of Ordinance
- Notice was not in paper
- Much input has been received from residents
- Overview of Ordinance given
- Questions asked about having two draft ordinances
- Mark Tomlinson asked about residents objecting to routes
- Questions raised about impact on 60th ave.
- Traffic count on 60 th & 55 th was over 48 hours
- Sheriff Denis Hillstead addressed the residents
- Concern on age of drivers
- Concern on traffic in Eau Galle
- 5% of drivers will be trouble makers
- Town needs contract for Sheriff to enforce
- $50.00 per hour for contract enforcement
- Sheriff Hillstead answered questions
- Chairman Murtha indicated he had contacted WTA and there concerns were about the condification of ordinances and enforcement
- Insurance carrier has reported that an Ordinance would have no immediate impact on rates. An incident could trigger additional costs.
- Under Wi. recreation immunity law 895.52
- Town “deep pockets” could trigger claim
- 3 or 6 month trial period?
- Question on 12 year olds on roads
- Referendum would coast $300.00 to$500.00 as estimated by County Clerk
- Any adopted Ordinance would need review at the 3 or 6 month period
- Motion by David North second by Jim Lund to table action until October meeting to gather more information, motion carried.
- Next meeting October 13th at 7:00 P.M.
5 minute recess taken.
Bills for month were reviewed and approved with the addition of 5 election workers on a motion by Jim Lund second by David North, motion carried.
Correspondence for month was reviewed
- Question on time frame for referendum.
- Mow ditches
- Ditches could be sprayed for $150.00 per mile
- Kill broadleaves weeds and brush
- Vacuum Cleaner at hall is not working, repair or replace
- Lock broken men’s bathroom door
- Start 1 arm mowing next week
- 250 th Lee property need access to property to cut brush, Clerk to contact Theresa Lee
- Cleanup day September 27 th 8:00 to noon
- Sheriff Department patrolling 250 th & 55 th
- Branches down in Brookville Cemetery
- County patrolled gravel roads
- Waste Management will increase costs 2.8% in 2009
- Dumpsters increased $5.00
- Billing owners would be a cost increase
- Request for funds from Woodville summer Recreation program, next months agenda.
Motion by Jim Lund second by David North to adjourn, motion carried.
William Peavey Clerk/Treasure