Minutes of the Nov. 8, 2021 Town of Eau Galle Board Meeting
*Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town Board*
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Town Board Chairman Lund at 7:00 PM at the town hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that the notice of the meeting was posted as required by statutes and noted no additional items were added since the November Agenda was published in the Baldwin Bulletin.
The Town Board members present were Kevin Larson, Amy Shafer, Jim Lund, and Nicole Olson.
The agenda was approved as posted on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.
Minutes of the 10-11-2021 Board Meeting were approved on a motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.
Treasurer’s report and bills were reviewed. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to approve the bills as presented with the addition of one check to United Fire and Rescue, motion carried.
Building and Driveway Permits issued were reviewed.
Clerk reviewed correspondence and emails.
Chairman Lund reviewed the 2022 budget and Budget Hearing comments. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to approve 2022 budget, motion carried.
Chairman Lund reviewed 2021 Tax Levy payable in 2022 set at $345,834.00 as was presented in the 2022 Budget. Motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer to adopt 2021 Tax Levy of $345,834.00 payable 2022 as presented in the 2022 Budget, motion carried.
Motion by Amy Shafer, second by Kevin Larson to authorize payment of election workers for required training courses, motion carried.
Discussion occurred regarding changes to Ordinance 16-01 (nonresidential building permits) and Ordinance 16-02 (building code for residential and commercial). Public hearing to take place at 6:45 PM prior to the December Board meeting. No action taken.
- Application is complete for LRIP funding.
- Ditches are all mowed
- Roads are being rated now
- Town road map has been submitted
- Brushing in the SW corner of the town will begin soon.
- Most road work has been completed
- 250th and 230th have a few spots that need to be fixed
- Need to decide if town should spray or mow ditches next year
- There was discussion at the WTA meeting that some ARPA funds may be able to be spent on roads. Still awaiting guidance from the Dept. of Treasury.
- Attended Wisconsin Towns (WTA) meeting.
- New guidance requires only one board member to be trained every year for the Board of Review.
- Cyber security alert. Cyber-crime is on the rise and Towns are being targeted.
- A Public Hearing to discuss solar farms will be held at St. Croix County December 2nd and December 3rd.
- Village of Baldwin has a meeting scheduled for December 9, 2021 to discuss financial implications of a new Baldwin Station facility that is needed and how the town might partner with the Village of Baldwin to provide a modern, up-to-date building for emergency personnel.
- St. Croix County is currently working with the owner of the property located at County Rd N and 63.
- Brooke Excavating to plow Town Hall again this year.
Public Comment/Open Forum:
- There is a mattress on 10th Avenue that needs to be picked up and taken to Murtha for disposal.
Date of Next Meeting:
- A Public Hearing regarding the proposed changes to Ordinance 16-01, Town of Eau Galle Non- Residential Building Permit and Ordinance 16-02, Town of Eau Galle Building Code Ordinance for Residential and Commercial will be held on December 14, 2021 at 6:45 PM. The monthly Board Meeting will be held upon completion of the public hearing but not prior to 7:00 PM.
- Motion to Adjourn at 8:10 PM by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.