Minutes of November 10, 2003
Minutes are unofficial until approved by Town of Eau Galle Town Board
The monthly meeting of the Town Board of the Town of Eau Galle was called to order by Chairman Murtha at the Town Hall at 7:00 P.M.
Chairman Murtha indicated that the notice of meeting had been noticed as required by law.
Town Board members present were John Murtha, Kevin Larson, David North and William Peavey.
Minutes were reviewed and approved on a motion by David North second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.
Bills for the month were reviewed and approved on a motion by Kevin Larson second by David North, motion carried
Clerk reviewed correspondence
Motion by Kevin Larson second by David North to abandon well at old Hall site, motion carried
Motion by John Murtha second by David North to reclassify Sandpiper Lane as a Class “E” road, motion carried.
Discussed request for a 2 lot CSM for Cleo Kitchner in Section 12. Motion by David North second by Kevin Larson to approve 2 lot CSM for Cleo Kitchner in section 12, motion carried, map signed.
Discussed request for a 1 lot CSM for Bill Dagner in Section 29. Motion by Kevin Larson second by David North to approve 1 Lot CSM for Bill Dagner in section 29, motion carried, map signed.
Discussed creating a Subdivision Ordinance to enforce Town Land Use Plan as approved by Planning Commission with changes in grouping of parcels. Discussed changing Town Land Use Plan to eliminate grouping of parcels. Dennis Duckworth explained why the Plan allowed grouping of parcels. David Reinsch suggested that the plan be used as a guidline rather then the Town Board adopting the Plan. Motion by John Murtha second by Kevin Larson to table any action on creating a Subdivision Ordinance until legal counsel has advised the Town Board if the Plan can be used as a “guideline” rather then adopting the Plan, motion carried.
- Concerns were raised about condition of Dogs housed by Dog Catcher.
- Concerns were raised about advertising found dogs notices in paper.
- Joel Krammer was present to discuss an Eagle Scout project to develop walking trails on Town of Eau Galle land. There are 3 boys interested in doing the project. Board indicated that the Boy Scouts should continue and develop a long range plan.
- Residents wondered how to keep updated on Land Use Planning, WTA would be one source, along with contacting their legislator.
- Need Town sign repaired soon.
- Contact electrician and REA about security light.
- Discussed 2004 budget, after review added $1000.00 for park expenses and $1000.00 for County Park aid.
- Planning Meeting November 19 in Baldwin
- Repaired washouts on 265th
- Web site is being updated
- Possible recycling changes, could go door to door pickup.
Next meeting December 8, 2003 at 7:00 P.M.
Motion by David North second by Kevin Larson to adjoin, motion carried.