Minutes of 06-08-2015 Eau Galle Board Meeting
Minutes are unofficial until approved by Town Board
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Chairman Lund at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that notice of the meeting was posted as required by Statutes.
Town Board members present were, Kevin Larson, Amy Shafer, Jim Lund and William Peavey.
The agenda was approved as presented on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.
Minutes of the May 11, 2015 Board Meeting were approved on a motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried
Bills for the month were reviewed. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to approve bills as presented, motion carried.
Clerk Peavey reviewed and summarized 2014 Audit as prepared by Certified public Accountant Curtis E Forse. Questions were answered and copy of audit on file for public review in Clerk Office.
Clerk reviewed correspondence.
Building Permits issued in past month;
- Rick Ungar 2696 59th. Ave House
- Jerry Vadnis 298A 270th Shed
- Noah Miller 423 233rd. St 2 Barns
- Sara Miller 337 220th. St Shed
Rural Insurance agent was not in attendance and Chairman Lund reported all coverage will stay the same and check for the present coverage was approved with other checks.
Chairman Lund reviewed request for Town Board recommendation for rezonement for Bill Millgren in NW NW section 33 from Commercial to Ag 1. Discussion was held with questions answered by Mr. Millgren. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to recommend to St. Croix County Community Development Department the rezonement for Bill Millgren in NW NW section 33 from Commercial to Ag 1, motion carried.
Chairman Lund started discussion on single purpose roads (one landowner) with regard to State Aid, maintenance, ownership and costs. Information from St. Croix County Highway engineer indicates that the State will no longer pay State Highway Aids on single purpose roads as they become aware of them. Comments were made by residents concerning the cost and history of these roads. Clarification was made that it applied only if there was one landowner not one residence. Also noted that if no longer public road setback, weight limits and public access would no longer apply. Chairman Lund to gather information on;
- Could it be a public road and not get State Aid.
- Could landowner pay Town instead of state aid?
- Would County maintain for a fee if no longer public road
- On next month agenda
Discussion was held on possible issues on compliance with Town Ordinance regarding new residential construction in regards to compliance with state UDC code. Reviewed suggested Ordinance up to section1.7 with one change.
Discussion to replace Fence on 40 line South of Town Hall was held. No new prices were received since last meeting. Motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer authorize Davis Landscape to replace fence with a bid price of $3,750, motion carried.
Road work 2015
- Chairman Lund reviewed bid from Gary Larson to mow first pass along all town roads for $100.00 per mile for 49 miles for $4,900.00. Estimate from County is $6,800.00. Motion by Amy Shafer to have Gary Larson mow first pass along all 49 miles of Town Roads for $4,900, furnish proof of insurance to Clerk and complete mowing by July 15 second by Jim Lund, motion carried and Kevin Larson abstained.
- Discussed funding and additional road work for 2015. Motion by Jim Lund second by Amy Shafer to have St. Croix County Highway department proceed with;
- 33rd. Ave $6000.
- Boston Rd Co. B east and south for .75 miles $89,400
- Old Co. B from B West .4 miles including culvert grout and guardrail $73,550
- 265th South of N $3050.
- Motion carried.
- Will be shouldering 220th. from 55th to Town Line east side
- As 250th from N to 30th is shouldered will be doing North of N to 42nd and south of 30th to 20th.
- Previously authorized bridge work is being completed
- BOR 06-10 from noon to 2
- Couch removed from ditch by Chairman, Murtha will bill
- 55th needs patching
Next meeting 07-13-2015 at 7:00 PM.
Motion to adjourn by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.