Minutes of 07-12-2021 Eau Galle Board Meeting
*Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town Board*
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Town Board Chairman Lund at 7:00 PM at the town hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that the notice of the meeting was posted as required by statutes and no additional items had been added since the July agenda was published in the Baldwin Bulletin.
The Town Board members present were Kevin Larson, Amy Shafer, Jim Lund, and Nicole Olson.
The agenda was approved as posted on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.
Minutes of the 06-14-2021 Board Meeting were approved on a motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.
Minutes from the 06-14-2021 public hearing to consider the proposed Town of Eau Galle Comprehensive Plan 2020 were approved on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.
Treasurer’s report and bills were reviewed. Motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer to approve the monthly bills as presented, motion carried.
Clerk reviewed correspondence and emails.
Building and Driveway Permits issued were reviewed.
Town Board recommendation for 1 lot CSM for Kurt Swanson in section 13 was reviewed. Motion by Amy Shafer Second by Kevin Larson to approve 2 lot CSM for Kurt Swanson in Section 13, motion carried, map signed.
Discussion occurred regarding town website redesign and bid to make website 100% mobile responsive. Motion by Kevin Larson, second by Amy Shafer to approve spending $2500.00 to upgrade the website to 100% mobile responsive and redesign into a full featured website, motion carried.
Town board discussed and reviewed Ordinance No. 2021-01 adopting the document titled “Ordinance Adopting an Amendment to the Town of Eau Galle Comprehensive Plan”. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to approve two changes to the Ordinance, adding St. Croix County to line 1 of the Ordinance and striking 2020 from Section 2 of the Ordinance, motion carried. Motion by Amy Shafer, second by Kevin Larson to adopt Ordinance No. 2021-01 “Ordinance Adopting an Amendment to the Town of Eau Galle Comprehensive Plan” with the above changes. Chairman Lund took a roll-call vote Jim Lund- Aye, Amy Shafer- Aye, Kevin Larson-Aye, motion carried. Notification of Ordinance No. 2021-01 adoption will be posted in the Baldwin Bulletin on July 20, 2021. Ordinance No. 2021-01 will become effective 24 hours after posting, July 21, 2021.
Motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer to print 30 copies of the Town of Eau Galle Comprehensive Plan 2020 at the cheapest cost available, motion carried.
- Regarding the two sections of town roads have been damaged by private contractors.
- Dairyland Power caused damage to 30th Avenue with their equipment. The needed repairs are now complete and the invoice has been sent to Dairyland Power.
- A contractor putting in place drain tile for a resident on 20th Avenue damaged the road. This repair has not yet been started.
- 45th Avenue project is now complete.
- Mowing of ditches is now complete.
- The stop sign at 60th Avenue and County Road BB had brush obstructing it. The brush has been cleared.
- Another letter will be sent to Marious Kool advising him of the penalties if he does not bring his driveway up to town standards as required.
- 33rd Avenue is washed out and needs to be fixed. This will be done after 10th Avenue project is complete.
- List of roadwork for 2022 needs to be submitted to St. Croix County by August 2021.
- Agenda item for next meeting.
- Possible roads that will need to be on the list:
- 47th Avenue 670 feet of overbuilt road to NM Transfer Company and 125 feet of blacktop to Murtha’s Sanitation Driveway.
Update on Borrowing of funds for 2021-2023 road projects. Clerk advised the board all requested paperwork has been submitted. Waiting on a closing date. No action.
Discussion continued regarding American Rescue Plan Act funds (ARPA). A savings account will be opened with the First Bank of Baldwin for the ARPA funding. The first installment of ARPA funding in the amount of $65,313.18 was received. Next installment expected in approximately 12 months. WTA continues to provide updates to ARPA funding via email and mail.
Items for discussion at next month’s meeting: None
- Complaint of dogs barking at 598A 270th Street in Woodville was received. No dogs were currently licensed at the residence. A letter was sent and three dogs now licensed.
- Fire Department wants a new fire truck. In order to purchase, they want to increase the assessment by 2%. Truck needs to be ordered no later than 8/1/2021 or the price increases $10,000.00 per month. After ordering, the wait for the finished truck is approximately 1 ½ years.
- Horse got out of his fence. The owner was found.
- A St. Croix County Deputy called Chairman Lund and requested he take a dog out of a car, Chairman Lund informed the deputy he no longer provides this service, the dog was taken elsewhere.
- Two firework permits were issued in the last month.
- ATV complaint was received. West side of 250th Street, ATVs have been driving across private fields without permission, and are having parties. Police have been notified and will be watching the area.
- St Croix County Towns Meeting is Thursday July 22, 2021.
- Board of Review will need to be advertised soon.
- Town Board needs to begin thinking about the budget.
- Driveway and Highway Access Ordinance will need to be reviewed and updated. Clerk to send copies to the Board to review prior to next month’s meeting.
- A resident inquired if the Town Board would be willing to pass a resolution making the Town of Eau Galle a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary Town. More information is needed, no action taken.
- A resident stated the Brookville Cemetery is in need of brush clearing. The West side of the graveyard is covered in brush. Some of the gravestones have also tipped over. Another resident volunteered to spray the poison ivy that has grown in cemetery. Clerk to look into use of ARPA funds to improve cemetery.
Date of next meeting: Monday August 9, 2021 at 7:00 PM.
Motion to Adjourn at 8:15 PM by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer. Motion carried.