Minutes of the July 10, 2023 Town of Eau Galle Board Meeting
*Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town Board*
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Town Board Chairman Lund at 7:00 PM at
the town hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that the notice of the meeting was posted as required by statutes and noted no additional items were added since the June Agenda was posted at the Town Hall and on the official Town website.
The Town Board members present were Kevin Larson, Amy Shafer, Stephanie Supri, and Jim Lund.
The agenda was approved as presented on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.
Minutes of the June 12, 2023 Town Board Meeting were approved on a motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.
Treasurer’s report, and bills were reviewed. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to approve the bills as presented, motion carried.
Building and driveway permits were reviewed.
Clerk reviewed correspondence and emails.
Town resident Chelsey Steinbach inquired about the poor road conditions on 12th avenue from winter plow damage. Chairman Lund contacted the county to grade the gravel when they have time.
Rural Mutual Insurance policy has been updated to reflect the new clerk/treasurers information.
- First layer of black top is down on 60th Avenue.
- 20th Avenue has been milled and the first layer of black top will be down in 2 weeks.
- In one month both 60th Avenue and 20th Avenue will get the second layer of black top.
- Chairman Lund contacted the county to see if there was a different mixture of black top that could be put down to limit the damage to the road from Amish buggies/horses.
- 59th Avenue the gravel will be built up.
- Sealcoating is one month out.
- The 12th Avenue hammerhead and grading will be done as soon as the county can get to it.
- 47th Avenue is yet to be blacktopped.
- One pass of mowing has been done in the ditches.
- Washouts are occurring in some shoulders on town roads.
- A decision on how to use Lrip money will be made at the August meeting.
St. Croix County Towns Association meeting is July 27, 2023.
United Fire and Rescue appreciation picnic is scheduled for July 24, 2023 at 6pm at Hines Park in Hammond.
Open Book is scheduled for August 30, 2023 from 12-2pm
St. Croix Electric solar field contact is Rob Doley with questions and concerns.
Public Comment/Open Forum:
Date of Next Meeting:
The next regular monthly Board Meeting will be held on Monday, August 14, 2023 at 7:00PM
Motion to Adjourn at 7:26 PM by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.