Minutes of the Jan. 10, 2022 Town of Eau Galle Board Meeting
*Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town Board*
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Town Board Chairman Lund at 7:00 PM at the town hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that the notice of the meeting was posted as required by statutes and noted one additional item was added since the January Agenda was published in the Baldwin Bulletin (Town Board recommendation for 3 lot CSM for Dennis Gossel in Section 1).
The Town Board members present were Kevin Larson, Amy Shafer, Jim Lund, and Nicole Olson.
The agenda was approved as presented on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.
Minutes of the 12-14-2021 Board Meeting with one correction were approved on a motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.
Minutes of the 12-14-2021 Public Hearing were approved on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried
Town Board discussion regarding membership in the 2022 Town Advocacy Council of the Wisconsin Towns Association for $315.75 annual dues. Motion by Amy Shafer, second by Kevin Larson to continue our membership in the Town Advocacy Council of the WTA for $315.74 annual dues, motion carried.
Treasurer’s report and bills were reviewed. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to approve the bills as presented with one additional check for an early loan payment to the Bank of Baldwin for $78,050.99, motion carried.
Building and Driveway Permits issued were reviewed.
Clerk reviewed correspondence and emails.
Chairman Lund reviewed a request from Dennis Gossel for 3 lot CSM in Section 1. Motion by Jim Lund, second by Amy Shafer to approve 3 lot CSM for Dennis Gossel in Section 1 with lots 2 and 3 labeled as outlots, motion carried. Map signed.
Chairman Lund reviewed a request from Elena Dagner for 2 lot CSM in Section 29. Motion by Kevin Larson, second by Amy Shafer, to approve 2 lot CSM for Elena Dagner in Section 29 with lot 1 designation to have only one driveway, motion carried. Map signed.
Town Board Discussion of updates to the Town of Eau Galle St. Croix County, WI Land Division Ordinance. A copy of the proposed changes will be sent to the Planning Committee prior to the public hearing which is scheduled for February 14, 2022 at 6:50 PM.
- Brushing continues in the southwest corner of the town.
- The Highway Department expects the cost of blacktop will increase this year. The Town Board intends to concentrate road work on gravel roads and sealcoating in 2022.
- The U.S. Department of Treasury has released new guidance and a Final Rule regarding ARPA funding.
- Town projects still being considered include:
- Improvements to the town hall (12×16 addition with a 3ft overhang) approximated cost: $50,000.
- No action taken.
- Village of Baldwin’s new EMS/United Fire and Rescue-Baldwin Station Facilities project is on hold.
- Two people have filed paperwork to be considered for District 19 County Board Supervisor. Incumbent did not run.
- Wisconsin Towns Association Meeting is scheduled for January 27, 2022 at the Highway Department in Baldwin.
- Clerk to send updated Ordinances 2021-03 and 2021-04 to All Croix Inspections
- Clerk to send Land Division Ordinance with proposed changes to the Planning Commision.
Public Comment/Open Forum:
A Town resident asked about the Brookville Cemetery rules and if the town board could review current rules regarding vaults for cremation.
Clerk to research current cemetery regulations.
Date of Next Meeting:
- A Public Hearing to consider the proposed changes to the Town of Eau Galle St. Croix County, WI Land Division Ordinance will be held at 6:50 PM on February 14, 2022.
- The regular monthly Board Meeting will be held immediately following the conclusion of the Public Hearing or at 7:00 PM, whichever is later on February 14, 2022.
- Motion to Adjourn at 7:48 PM by Amy Shafer, second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.