Minutes of 08-12-2013 Eau Galle Board
Minutes are unofficial until approved by Town Board
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Chairman Lund at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that notice of the meeting was posted as required by Statutes.
Town Board members present were David North, Dennis Duckworth, Jim Lund and William Peavey.
The agenda was approved as presented on a motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth, motion carried.
Minutes of the July 8, 2013 Board Meeting were approved on a motion by Dennis Duckworth second by David North, motion carried
Bills for the month were reviewed. Motion by Dennis Duckworth second by David North to approve bills as presented, motion carried.
Clerk reviewed correspondence.
Chairman Lund reviewed the request from Jon-De Farm Inc. for special exception to allow greater than 1 animal unit per acre on a parcel zoned agricultural residential. Supervisor Dennis Duckworth read the minutes of the Planning Commission meeting held to review issue. Todd Doornink from Jon-De Farm gave a brief overview of planned heifer raising facility. Chairman Lund then asked for comments and concerns from the many concerned citizens in attendance, they were:
- Traffic Concerns
- Road Damage
- Road use agreement
- 3 and ½ times actual damage can be collected
- Nutrient Management Plan
- Comprehensive Nutrient Plan
- Seasonal grazing
- Managed intensive grazing
- Filter strips
- Wind break
- Dead animals
- Health concerns
- Water contamination
- Chemicals generated
- Hydrogen Sulfate
- Decrease in Property Values
- Volume of water used
- Manure issue
- Well mitigation
- WI DNR regulation of surface water
- Operational issues
Motion by Dennis Duckworth second by David North to send a copy of citizen concerns along with Planning Commission minutes to St. Croix County Zoning Department, motion carried.
Action not needed for FEMA declaration
Reviewed and updated rules for the Brookville Cemetery, motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth to approve, motion carried.
Reviewed assessor contract for 2014, motion by Dennis Duckworth second by David North to approve contract with Benish Appraisal Service for 2014, motion carried, contract signed.
Postponed action on Building Permit Ordinance update until next meeting.
Chairman Lund reviewed duties of Animal Control Officer, motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth to approve as presented, motion carried.
- 30th ave bridge west of Bruce Erickson needs immediate fix due to washing. Motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth to approve, motion carried.
- 1st mowing completed
- Spraying by 4 Control now next year
- Fall cleanup day in September approved on a motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth, motion carried
- Scott Larson no longer resident and will need to be replaced on Planning Commission
- United Fire considering new truck which would increase assessment
- Bill Hanson requested action item to allow ATV’s on 230th from N to County Line on next meeting agenda.
- 55th. needs patching
- New structure on 233rd
- Charge for Planning Commission meeting?
Next meeting 09-9-2013 at 7:00 P.M.
Motion to adjourn by David North second by Dennis Duckworth, motion carried.
William Peavey Clerk/Treasure
Download PDF version: Minutes of Aug. 12, 2013 Meeting