Minutes of 04-09-2012 Eau Galle Board
Minutes are unofficial until approved by Town Board
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Chairman Lund at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that notice of the meeting was posted as required by Statutes.
Town Board members present were David North, Dennis Duckworth, Jim Lund and William Peavey.
The agenda was approved as presented on a motion by Dennis Duckworth second by David North, motion carried.
Minutes of the March 12, 2012 Board meeting were approved as corrected on a motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth, motion carried
Bills for the month were reviewed. Motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth to approve bills as presented with additional election workers checks, motion carried.
Clerk reviewed correspondence.
Chairman Lund reviewed request from Ethel Foote Stein to allow further burials in the family burial site in Brookville cemetery. Motion by Jim Lund as Ethel Foote stein has produced birth certificate authenticating her as a direct relative and only 2 of the original 6 plots are used to allow further burials second by Dennis Duckworth, motion carried.
Motion by Dennis Duckworth second by David North to reappoint members of planning commission whose term has expired Mark Tomlinson, Mike Ostlie and Scott Larson, motion carried.
Board of Review will be June 11 with open book from 10 to 12 and Board of Review from 12 to 2
Reviewed issues of heavy traffic on town roads
- Midwest Truck service lots of trucks
- Possible Frack sand mining
- Is allowable for Town to post weight limits
- 55th poor base
- 55th poor workmanship last time
- Planning committee has establish area for commercial use
- Talk to Matt Clemens about helping to pay road costs
Road work 2012;
- Chairman Lund reviewed estimated costs for road segments considered.
- Reviewed blacktop options for bridge Pierce/St.Croix rd.
- Motion by Jim Lund second by Dennis Duckworth to proceed with the following
- 250th 10th to 20th
- 250th 42nd to 50th
- Crack seal 250th N to 42nd
Reviewed nuisance Ordinance as it pertains to heavy traffic generators. Concerns were raised on appropriateness of present penalty. Have on next month’s agenda
Discussed issues for moratoriums
- Dennis Duckworth reviewed Co. Ordinance on non metallic mining
- Temporary driveway could be needed for heavy use
- Concerns about damage to Town roads
- Off site storage from non metallic mining
- Zoning issues
- Setback from residential lot lines
- Could be nuisance Ordinance issue
- Clerk Peavey to see if County has Heavy Load Ordinance
- Need to keep cemetery records current
- Lawn and cemetery mowing costs same as last year
- Clean up day April 21
- Annual meeting April 10
- Complaint on speed on Old Co. B
- Chairman Lund to talk to person
- Kathy Burnell doing cemetery research
- Would computerize Brookville records
- Did work Village of Hammond
- Check with WTA about legal issues
- Agenda next time
- Tim Stave requested Board revisit allowing ATV’s UTV’s on Town Roads
- Request a trial period
- Asked to be on next month’s agenda
Next meeting 05-14-2012 at 7:00 P.M.
Motion to adjourn by David North second by Dennis Duckworth, motion carried.
William Peavey Clerk/Treasure
Download PDF version: Minutes of April 9, 2012 Meeting