Learn how to monitor and protect their drinking water supply from nitrate
Residents are encouraged to take advantage of free well water nitrate screening clinics offered by St. Croix County. This program is offered to educate homeowners on how to monitor and protect their drinking water supply from nitrate.
Participants are asked to bring in about eight ounces of water in a closed container, preferably glass, collected within 24 hours of the clinic event. It is important to run the tap for 10 to 15 minutes on cold at full flow before collecting the sample. A video tutorial can be found on YouTube.
The nitrate analysis results are provided on-site, and staff will be available to discuss and interpret the results and advise further action as needed. In addition, sample bottles from a water testing lab will be available at the clinics for additional testing at the owner’s expense.
- Earth Fest 2023 | Glen Park, 361 W Park Street, River Falls, WI 54022 Saturday, April 22nd | 12:00pm – 4:00pm
- Agriculture Service and Education Center – 1960 8th Ave, Baldwin, WI 54002 Wednesday, June 14th | 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- Hammond Townhall – 1816 County Road E, Hammond, WI 54015 Wednesday, July 12th | 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- Warren Townhall – 720 112th St, Roberts, WI 54023 | Wednesday, August 16th | 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- St. Croix County Services Center – 1752 Dorset Lane, New Richmond, WI 54017 Wednesday, September 6th | 1:00pm – 5:00pm
For more information, contact Adam Meade at 715-381-4933 or [email protected].