Minutes of 10-13-2014 Eau Galle Board Meeting
Minutes are unofficial until approved by Town Board
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Chairman Lund at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that notice of the meeting was posted as required by Statutes.
Town Board members present were David North, Dennis Duckworth, Jim Lund and William Peavey.
The agenda was approved as presented on a motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth, motion carried.
Minutes of the September 9, 2014 Board Meeting were approved on a motion by Dennis Duckworth second by David North, motion carried
Bills for the month were reviewed. Motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth to approve bills as presented with addition of election workers, motion carried.
Clerk reviewed correspondence.
Reviewed 2013 Audit, motion by Dennis Duckworth second by Jim Lund to approve audit as presented, motion carried.
Discussed ATV/UTV Ordinance, with questions asked and answered.
- Motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth to renew Ordinance for one year, change section D 3 to have hours of operation from 1 hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset, to change D 6 for dates of operation to be from 4-15 to 11-30, motion carried.
- Motion by Jim Lund second by David North to open all Town Roads to ATV/UTV use, motion carried.
- Clerk to add Ordinance with changes to Web Site.
Discussed possible new voting machines as researched by County. Motion by Dennis Duckworth second by David North to authorize purchasing new vote machines in cooperation with County when they receive State Certification, motion carried.
Clerk Peavey reviewed a draft 2015 budget with Budget hearing 11-10-2014 at 6:45.
Reviewed IOH options, motion by Dennis Duckworth second by Jim Lund to adopt Option E, motion carried.
Discussed need for new Animal Control Officer, board to look for possible resident
applicants and on next month agenda. Need to continue to search for resident candidate.
Road work 2014
- Concerns about ATV signs conflicting with snowplow operations
- Top soil in ditches on 10th and 222nd will be placed back on field
- Too wet to mow bottom of ditches, will do 1 pass with 2 gang mower.
- Will do rest of ditch if weather permits
- Found 2 bad culverts on 50th, one will be County Bridge Aid.
- Motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth to approve Bridge aid Petition for culvert on 50th, motion carried petition signed.
- Gravel needs to be added to shoulders on 233rd.
- Village of Baldwin asked about town intention on reconstruction of 55th. Clerk to send letter that only Maintenance will be done until after the 233rd bridge over 94 is completed.
- Discussed possible brush cutting
- Reviewed DOT meeting on 233rd and BB bridge over 94
- Cemetery and Hall sign installed next week
Discussion was held on possible issues on compliance with Town Ordinance regarding new residential construction in regards to compliance with state UDC code, suggested wording changes made, on next agenda with changes tracked and next month emphasis on fees.
- Utilities in ditches still need to finish restoration
- ATV concerns need to come to Town Board
Next meeting 11-10-2014 at 7:00 PM or after budget hearing
Motion to adjourn by David North second by Dennis Duckworth, motion carried.
William Peavey Clerk/Treasure