Minutes of 11-12-2018 Eau Galle Board Meeting
Minutes are unofficial until approved by Town Board
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Chairman Lund at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that notice of the meeting was posted as required by Statutes.
Town Board members present were Kevin Larson, Amy Shafer, Jim Lund and William Peavey.
The agenda was approved on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.
Minutes of the 10-08-2018 Board Meeting were approved on a motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.
Bills for the month were reviewed. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to approve bills as presented with correction on Deposit, motion carried.
Clerk reviewed correspondence.
Building and Driveway Permits issued were reviewed
Chairman Lund updated the Board on Cluster Meeting discussions, an updated new zoning proposal was reviewed and County will be hosting an Open House on draft zoning proposal on December 6.
- Planning Commission needs to meet in January to review proposal
- Community Development Department will come to Hall for discussion
- Some concerns;
- R3 Town responsible for sewer if defaulted on
- R2 Animal units
- Concerns on density restriction
- R1 1 per 10
- R2 2 acre minimum
- R3 most dense
Reviewed and discussed 2019 Budget. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to adopt 2019 budget as was presented at Budget Hearing, motion carried.
Reviewed 2019 Tax levy as presented at Budget Hearing. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to set 2018 Tax Levy payable in 2019 at $306,584.00, motion carried.
Clerk Peavey reviewed special charges to add to Tax Roll. Motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer to add delinquent fire calls, delinquent house numbers and delinquent garbage to tax roll, motion carried.
Discuss was held with Alyssa Britton from Dairyland Power Cooperative concerning their rebuild of Transmission Line that pass through the Town Property. Requested was for a specific 40 ft wide easement rather than the present blanket easement. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to approve the requested easement, motion carried, easement signed. Project will be completed in 2020.
Clerk Peavey reviewed the proposed Tax Collection agreement with St. Croix County. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to approve Tax Collection agreement with St. Croix county, motion carried, contract signed.
Road Work 2018
- Mowing being done as weather allows
- 2 bad culverts found
- About $10,000
- Eligible for bridge aid
- On 30th &20th
- Will replace with Plastic pipe.
- 50th delayed due to weather
- Chairman Lund has talked to property owner on 20th concerning private culvert issues.
- 1 dog sent to paws
- Lease has been completed for Crop Land
- Brooke Excavating will plow hall Lot
- Need to clean hall before Christmas use
- Audit Agreement approve next month
- Caucus 01-14-2019 at 6:30 on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson
- Have 2 neighbors with issues concerning dogs
- No response
Next meeting 12-10 at 7:00 PM
Motion to adjourn by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.