Minutes of 05-14-2018 Eau Galle Board Meeting
Minutes are unofficial until approved by Town Board
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Chairman Lund at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that notice of the meeting was posted as required by Statutes.
Town Board members present were Kevin Larson, Amy Shafer, Jim Lund and William Peavey.
The agenda was approved on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.
Minutes of the 04-09-2018 Board Meeting were approved on a motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.
Bills for the month were reviewed. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to approve bills as presented with two additional checks, motion carried.
Clerk reviewed correspondence.
Building Permits issued in past month were reviewed.
Discussion was held on request from Del Ziebart to approve 1 lot CSM in section 26. Motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer to approve 1 lot CSM for Del Ziebart in section 26 conditionally on St. Croix County approval of driveway, motion carried, map signed.
Clerk Peavey presented Audit report from CarlsonSV CPA’s. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to approve Audit Report, motion carried.
Discussion was held on Zoning Districts being proposed from County with an overview and update by Chairman Lund.
Discussion was held on Town Hall HVAC issues and concerns. Kevin Larson updated the Board on failure of present floor heat, issues with load control of baseboard heaters and need for air conditioning for summer rental. Kevin Larson reported on one estimate and waiting for other estimates, on next month agenda.
Road Work 2018
- 222th Culvert replaced
- 50th & Sandpiper ground
- May need to put up weight limit signs on 10th if County B bridge repaired
- 222 St. needs gravel repair
- $2,000 short term fix
- $8,000 long term fix
- Town will authorize long term fix
- County Highways will do summer mowing and spraying if necessary
- BB from 94 to Woodville will be 2019 County Project
- New ATV/UTV sign law now in effect
- 2018 Projects
- $215,178 2018 Construction Budget
- $ 25,000 2018 Sealcoat budget
- $ 14, 563 2017 LTRIP
- $ 15,000 2018 snowplowing carryover
- $269,741 Subtotal
- $-38,000 Sandpiper
- $-105,000 50th
- $ 126,741 Subtotal for other 2018 projects
- Approximate $20,000 a mile to crack seal and sealcoat
- Pierce St. Croix Rd from 63 to ¼ east of BB, 3 miles
- 250th from N to 50th, 1.5 miles
- 250th from Pierce St. Croix rd. to 20th, 2 miles
- Resident considering “tiny home” concept
- 12 X 12
- County has 720 sq. ft minimum
- Town requires 20ft wide and foundation
- Dairyland Power will be rebuilding transmission line through Town
- Pending Owners of property at 2254 30th Ave requested information;
- Create Cidery and Event Center
- Now zoned Ag 2
- Liquor License would be requested
- On and Off sale of beer, Cider and Alcohol
- Events to Midnight Sat & Sun
- Need to build structure
- County allows 15 events per year
- What is an event?
- Variance for more
- Maximum of 80 people
- Apr to Nov
- Parking lot if required
- Agenda next Board meeting
- Agenda next Planning Meeting
Next meeting 06-11-2018 at 7:00 with Board of Review at 6:50
Motion to adjourn by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.