Minutes of 05-13-2013 Eau Galle Board
Minutes are unofficial until approved by Town Board
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Chairman Lund at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that notice of the meeting was posted as required by Statutes.
Town Board members present were David North, Dennis Duckworth, Jim Lund and William Peavey.
The agenda was approved as presented on a motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth, motion carried.
Minutes of the April 16, 2013 Board Meeting were approved on a motion by Dennis Duckworth second by David North, motion carried
Bills for the month were reviewed. Motion by Dennis Duckworth second by David North to approve bills as presented, motion carried.
Clerk reviewed correspondence.
Set Monday June 10, 2013 as Board of Review with open book from 10 to 12 and Board of Review from 12 to 3 on a motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth, motion carried.
No one was present for request from Baldwin Woodville schools to use parking lot and Town Hall for Service Learning Day in the School Forest.
Discussed Quit Claim Deed for Jim Risselman for parcel 008-1035-40-000. Board reviewed action taken at Annual Meeting authorizing transfer. Motion by Jim Lund second by David North to authorize Chairman Lund to sign all documents necessary to Quit Claim Deed parcel 008-1035-40-000 to Jim Risselman with no costs to Town, motion carried, Chairman Lund signed CSM related to the Risselman transfer.
Nick Jenkins gave an update on insurance coverage’s with Rural Insurance, no changes at this time.
Chairman Lund reviewed request from request from Resident for Town Board support for amendment to St. Croix county Zoning Ordinance to allow on site sales of retail Amish Baked products on Fridays and Saturdays. Motion by Dennis Duckworth second by David North to notify St. Croix County Community Development Committee that the Town of Eau Galle supports a conditional use or special exception permit for a retail bakery 2 days a week at 260 250th St. for the following reasons;
- No Town residents have voiced complaints
- Town residents supports this action
- No traffic complaints
- Authorization would reduce traffic
- Supplemental income would allow family farm to continue operation
- Town Board would reserve right to withdraw support if situation changes
Motion carried with Dennis Duckworth and David North voting yes and Jim Lund voting no.
Chairman Lund introduced the Town Building inspector and reviewed his concerns with present Town Ordinances. Some concerns were;
- Commercial not presently covered by Ordinance
- 04-2014 Electrical will require inspection
- Unsafe and/or dilapidated buildings not now addressed
- On next month agenda.
Chairman Lund reviewed 2013 road work;
- $20,000 over budget in snowplowing
- Down trees in Ditch Ackley Tree Service will do for $150.00 per hour
- Gravel roads need grading
- $100,000 from State road aid needs to be spent this year
- Road counts taken on 55 from 63 to 220th and 220 to 230th
- Culverts replaced 250th from County Line to 10th and 30th to County N in 2012
- Motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth to authorize Ackley Tree Service to cut trees and branches in ditches not to exceed $15,000, motion carried
- Motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth to have 4 Control spray 2 to 3 miles of ditches, motion carried.
- Motion by Dennis Duckworth second by David North to have gravel roads graded, motion carried.
Reviewed proposal for web site design and Maintenance. Motion by Dennis Duckworth second by David North to conditionally accept proposal from Eric Kuznacic, to request contract for next month agenda and request any time not needed for monthly items be used to post Ordinances, motion carried.
- Old Hall rental completed
- Farmland Preservation meeting was held at Town Hall
- No comments
Next meeting 06-10-2013 at 7:00 P.M.
Motion to adjourn by David North second by Dennis Duckworth, motion carried.
William Peavey Clerk/Treasure
Download PDF version: Minutes of May 13, 2013 Meeting