Minutes of 06-11-2018 Eau Galle Board Meeting
Minutes are unofficial until approved by Town Board
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Chairman Lund at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that notice of the meeting was posted as required by Statutes.
Town Board members present were Kevin Larson, Amy Shafer, Jim Lund and William Peavey.
The agenda was approved on a motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.
Minutes of the 05-14-2018 Board Meeting were approved with typo corrections on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.
Bills for the month were reviewed. Motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer to approve bills as presented with two additional checks, motion carried.
Clerk reviewed correspondence.
Building Permits issued in past month were reviewed.
Discussion was tabled on a request to establish a Cidery and event center at 2224 30th. Ave as the people requesting event center were not present. Planning Commission had met before Board meeting and also tabled request as people did not show up.
Discussion was held on Town Hall HVAC issues and concerns. Kevin Larson updated the Board on failure of present floor heat, issues with load control of baseboard heaters and need for air conditioning for summer rental. Kevin Larson reported on one estimate and waiting for other estimates, on next month agenda.
Road Work 2018
- 50th and Sandpiper paved by July 1
- New field driveway authorized for Ziebart
- Tree cut on 50th.
- Spray patch done $6,500, $1,700 less than estimate
- Sealcoat in mid-July, $15,000 a mile
- $96,000 total
- 222nd done
- Gravel roads graded
- 50th BB to 250th
- $10,000 to widen
- $ 7,000 Patch road and culvert
- $17,000 ready for 2019
- 250th North of 94 getting in rough shape
- Patch bad potholes
- Have County Engineer look at it.
- 233rd Amish buggy sign missing
- ATV/UTV signs will be updated
Motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer to accept the bid from St. Croix County Highway department for Hot Mix paving for the 2018 reconstruction of 50th. Ave, motion carried.
Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to authorize St. Croix County Highway Department to do the reconstruction on 50th. Ave. for 2018, motion carried.
- Jon Gooding is seeking Federal Permit to sell guns
- Falls under County Home occupation
- Notified by Jon Trinko that shed of Dan Gingerich is on his property
- 06-14 Open Book
- 06-21 Board of Review
- Concerns about driveway on former Wally Fenestra property
Next meeting 07-09-2018 at 7:00
Motion to adjourn by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.