Minutes of 06-10-2019 Eau Galle Board Meeting
Minutes are unofficial until approved by Town Board.
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Chairman Lund at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that notice of the meeting was posted as required by Statutes.
Town Board members present were Kevin Larson, Amy Shafer, Jim Lund and William Peavey.
The agenda was approved on a motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.
Minutes of the 05-13-2019 Board Meeting were approved on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.
Bills for the month were reviewed. Motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer to approve bills as presented, motion carried.
Clerk reviewed correspondence. Discussed concerns raised by Tiffany Chapin with ditch spraying, Clerk to respond with information on chemicals used, that St. Croix County Highway Department did the spraying and a contact person in the St Croix County Highway Department Office.
Building and Driveway Permits issued were reviewed
Discussion was held concerning the new County Zoning Ordinance. Clerk Peavey updated the Board that the last updates were made to Zoning map. County staff will be bringing new Ordinance to County Board in August. Will need to get Planning Commission to meet and discuss subdivision road issues and new Zoning Ordinance.
Discussion was held on need to hire new Assessor for 2020, 2019 Assessment year, as present assessor Paul Benish is retiring.
- Assessors term would start June 1.
- Still need to get required Assessors Qualifications
Road Work 2019
- 55th. Ave with Village $4,400
- 50th. 250th to B in preparation for 2020
- $10,000 widen
- $5,000 Culvert
- $1,000 to repair culvert or
- $5,000 to replace
- Check on 2020 LTRIP availability
- Wilson Legion will put up Flag at cemetery
- Could plan work day at cemetery
- Need to review all Cemetery Policy
- United Fire has some collection issues
- Ordinance update may be required
- County Highways could Seal Coat and Crackfill Hall Lot
- About $3,000
- Would need private contractor to redo lines
- Need to start planning on loan as authorized at annual Meeting
- Use to finish 2019 projects
- Board of Review 06-26
- Try to schedule Planning Commission meeting
- Concerns on ditch spraying
- Damage to 42nd ditch and shoulder
Next meeting 07-08-2019 at 7:00 PM
Motion to adjourn at 8:05 PM by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.