Minutes of 07-09-2018 Eau Galle Board Meeting
Minutes are unofficial until approved by Town Board
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Chairman Lund at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that notice of the meeting was posted as required by Statutes.
Town Board members present were Kevin Larson, Amy Shafer, Jim Lund and William Peavey.
The agenda was approved on a motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.
Minutes of the 06-11-2018 Board Meeting were approved with corrections on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.
Bills for the month were reviewed. Motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer to approve bills as presented with two additional checks, motion carried.
Clerk reviewed correspondence.
Chairman Lund reported no update from County on proposed Zoning changes, on next month agenda.
Ura Gingerich presented a request for Town Board approval of a 2 Lot CSM for Ura Gingerich in Section 20. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to approve a 2 Lot CSM for Ura Gingerich in Section 20 conditionally on Perk Test acceptable to County for both lots, motion carried, CSM signed conditionally.
Discussion was held on Town Hall HVAC issues and concerns. Kevin Larson updated the Board on failure of present floor heat, issues with load control of baseboard heaters and need for air conditioning for summer rental. Kevin Larson reported on one estimate and waiting for other estimates, on next month agenda.
Clerk Peavey reviewed proposed contact from Benish Appraisal Service for assessment for 2019. Motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer to approve assessment contract for 2019 for $10,700 from Benish Appraisal Service, motion carried, contract signed.
Road Work 2018
- 50th and Sandpiper paved, shouldering left to do.
- Spray patch and Sealcoating completed
- Costs for 250th North of I-94 to Woodville Limit were reviewed
- Pulverizing and new 20 ft wide 2 in surface $60,635
- $269, 741 — available for 2018 projects
- $ 3,100 — additional LTRIP money
- $272,841 — Subtotal
- $-56,000 — Paving 50th
- $-17, 000 — upcoming 50th & Sandpiper bills
- $- 3,000 — Shouldering
- $-70,000 — sealcoat
- $-24,000 — paving Sandpiper
- $102,841 — Available for 250th & 50th
- Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to proceed with 250th North of I-94 for $60,635 as discussed and to proceed with necessary widening and culvert repair on 50th between BB and 250th for $17,000 in preparation for 2019 work as discussed, motion carried.
- Chairman Lund reviewed conversation he had with Village of Baldwin regarding 55th from 63 to 220th.
- Town would need 1 year notice to allow for budget dollars
- Will need updated percentage of road frontage in Town
- Specifications for any improvement would need Town approval
- Culvert for manure hose on 220th will be paced
- August 14 primary election
- Board of Review was June 22 with no one showing up
- Will need to start 2019 Budget next month
- ATV Club is reviewing signs for possible removal
- Need first aid kit in Hall, clerk Peavey will get one
- Need unisex signs for restrooms, Supervisor Shafer to get them
Next meeting 08-13-2018 at 7:00
Motion to adjourn by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.