Minutes of 07-08-2013 Eau Galle Board
Minutes are unofficial until approved by Town Board
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Chairman Lund at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that notice of the meeting was posted as required by Statutes.
Town Board members present were David North, Dennis Duckworth, Jim Lund and William Peavey.
The agenda was approved as presented on a motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth, motion carried.
Minutes of the June 10, 2013 Board Meeting were approved on a motion by Dennis Duckworth second by David North, motion carried
Bills for the month were reviewed. Motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth to approve bills as presented, motion carried.
Clerk reviewed correspondence. Assessor contract for 2014 on next month agenda.
Discussed a 1 lot CSM for Dennis Wood in section 9. Motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth to approve CSM as presented, motion carried, map signed.
Discussed Animal Control Officers duties and obligations. Chairman Lund presented the following duties with input from board;
- Duties of Animal Control Officer
- Town Eau Galle
- St. Croix County
- Pick up dogs as requested by St. Croix County Dispatch and Town Residents
- Use all available methods to locate owner
- Keep log of all contacts
- Contact Person
- Tagged or Untagged
- Owner if found
- Dollars involved
- Release of dog contact
- Issue tags to untagged dogs when owner found before release
- Charge $50.00 to owners of untagged dogs and issue license before release. Charge $25.00 to currently tagged dog owners. All funds payable Town of Eau Galle, separate receipts needed for tags and animal control costs. Present receipt to Town Clerk monthly for reimbursement
- If no owner found delivery the dog to Paws in 7 days from pick up, notify Town so funds can be sent to paws.
- Pay Animal Control Officer $50.00 for each dog impounded.
- Present written report once a year to Town Board.
- Chairman Lund will review with Kristen Hoffland for action next meeting.
Chairman Lund reviewed requested update of Town Building Permit and UDC Ordinances from Building Inspector. Next month priority to review Single Family Dwelling Ordinance with draft Ordinance from Building Inspector to see if items included next month agenda.
Chairman Lund reviewed 2013 road work
- Jean Bowman, 2348 50th. Woodville was present concerning flooding of her house
- Felt Town culvert under 50th. was too small
- June 21/22 flooding backed up to her residence
- Chairman Lund reviewed letter from County Highway engineer.
- Culvert sufficient size
- Water may top road on occasion which is acceptable
- Larger culvert could promote flooding downstream
- Replacement culvert installed $15,000.
- Board discussed, no action taken
- Flood damage
- Repaired, make sure trail repair not on Town Bill
- First pass mowing being done
- 250th. County Line to 10th.
- Trees cut
- Gravel added
- Will be ground soon
- 55th. Baldwin bypass 12 years away if ever happens
- Cemetery Lot located as requested
- Planning Commission needs to meet for;
- Jon-De Farm Special Exception request
- Commercial zoning areas
- Farmland Preservation Ordinance
- No response
Next meeting 08-12-2013 at 7:00 P.M.
Motion to adjourn by David North second by Dennis Duckworth, motion carried.
William Peavey Clerk/Treasure
Download PDF version: Minutes of July 8, 2013 Meeting