Minutes of July 14, 2008
Minutes are unofficial until approved by Town of Eau Galle Town Board
The monthly meeting of the Town Board of the Town of Eau Galle was called to order by Chairman Murtha at the Town Hall at 7:00 P.M.
Chairman Murtha indicated that the notice of meeting had been published as required by law.
Town Board members present were John Murtha, James Lund, William Peavey, and David North.
Minutes of June 12, 2008 regular meeting were read and approved on a motion by Jim Lund second by David North, motion carried.
Checks were reviewed and approved as presented on a motion by John Murtha second by Jim Lund, motion carried. Questions were answered on budget to date.
Correspondence was reviewed.
- Beth Pabst candidate for Register of Deeds spoke, September primary
- Comments on issues in White Pine Meadows
- Check County Zoning
- Dean Larson raised questions
- County Board Supervisor Julie Speer answered questions from residents
- Questions raised on mowing road ditches, 1 time now, mow out in fall
- Questions on Boot Camp Labor for brush cutting
- Waste Management contracts were questioned
- Woodville Senior Center requested check
Discussed Special Permit request from Matt & Pam Clements. Matt Clemens reviewed plan for his business. Jim Lund questioned if any action is necessary since the County is not requesting any action at this time. Motion by David North second by Jim Lund to send letter to County Zoning that the Town Board of the Town of Eau Galle has no objection to the business plan of Matt Clemens as presented, any departure from plan as presented needs Town Board approval. Motion by David North second by Jim Lund to amend motion to send letter to Matt Clemens, amendment carried. Main motion carried.
Discussed proposed ATV Ordinance, Roger Bauer and Terry Stave represented ATV Club.
- Reviewed revised Cady Ordinance
- Motion by Jim Lund to not allow ATV on Town roads, chairman Murtha called three times for second, motion failed for lack of second.
- Town may need to raise Liability insurance
- Sheriff does not endorse
- Cannot enforce, would need to deputize Town Officer
- 1 in 10 will act up
- Traffic concerns
- Safety concerns
- Noise concerns
- Enforcement concerns
- Need traffic count on 60th.
- On next months agenda
Discussed dog running at large issue.
- No legal requirement to control dogs
- Safety issue
- Options are “dog catcher” or “animal control officer”
- Garlend Fregine has concerns about pitbulls
- Motion by David North second by John Murtha requiring current dog license before returning dogs, motion carried.
- Rabies shot required for license
- Have as agenda item for Annual Meeting
- More Brush cutting will be started
- County mowing around bridges
- 220 th North of 55 th patched
- Hole on 55 th patched
- Resident 2520 10 th requested child at play sign, referred to County
- WTA meeting July 24 th at Hammond
- Road side mowing started
- New Building Inspector needed, next moths agenda.
- Waiting for date for Board of Review from Paul Benish
Next meeting 08-11-2008 at 7:00
Motion by Jim Lund second by David North to adjourn, motion carried.
William Peavey Clerk/Treasure