Minutes of the Jan. 9, 2023 Town of Eau Galle Board Meeting
*Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town Board*
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Town Board Chairman Lund at 7:03 PM at
the town hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that the notice of the meeting was posted as required by statutes and noted no additional items were added since the January Agenda was posted at the Town Hall and on the official Town website.
The Town Board members present were Kevin Larson, Amy Shafer, Nicole Olson, and Jim Lund.
The agenda was approved as presented on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.
Minutes of the December 13, 2022 Town Board Meeting were approved on a motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.
Treasurer’s report, the 2023 Budget with actuals, and bills were reviewed. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to approve the 2023 budget with actual amounts as discussed, motion carried. Motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer to approve the bills as presented, motion carried.
Building and Driveway Permits issued were reviewed.
Clerk reviewed correspondence and emails.
Town board reviewed the All Croix Inspections Agreement for Building Inspection Services. Todd Dolan was present and answered questions regarding the proposed contract. Motion by Amy Shafer, second by Kevin Larson to approve a new 2 year contract with All Croix Inspections with the fee changes indicated in the cover letter, motion carried.
The Town Board reviewed 2 year cropland lease agreement renewal. Motion by Kevin Larson, second by Amy Shafer to continue cropland lease between Kenneth Serier and the Town of Eau Galle, motion carried. Lease agreement signed.
- Brushing continues in the SE corner of the town, the county currently working on Boston Rd. $25,000.00 is the budget for brushing this winter.
- 2023 Road project selections will need to be finalized soon.
- The Highway Department will order the new flag style fire signs for the Town of Eau Galle. If residents want a new fire sign they can call the town and request one but will be responsible for the replacement costs.
- January 26th is the next WTA meeting at the Highway Department in Baldwin.
- The Fire Department is still looking for a replacement District Chief.
Public Comment/Open Forum:
- Brookville Cemetery upkeep discussed
Date of Next Meeting:
The next regular monthly Board Meeting will be held on Monday February 13th at 7:00 PM.
Motion to Adjourn at 7:47 PM by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.