Minutes of the Feb. 14, 2022 Town of Eau Galle Board Meeting
*Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town Board*
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Town Board Chairman Lund at 7:02 PM at the town hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that the notice of the meeting was posted as required by statutes and noted no additional items were added since the February Agenda was published in the Baldwin Bulletin.
The Town Board members present were Kevin Larson, Amy Shafer, Jim Lund, and Nicole Olson.
The agenda was approved as presented on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.
Minutes of the 01-10-2022 7: 00 PM Board Meeting were approved on a motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.
Minutes of the 01-10-2022 6: 00 PM Board Meeting were approved on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.
Treasurer’s report and bills were reviewed. Motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer to approve the bills as presented with additional checks for the election workers, motion carried.
Building and Driveway Permits issued were reviewed.
Clerk reviewed correspondence and emails.
Chairman Lund reviewed a request from Arik Feidt for 2 lot CSM in Section 34. No action taken.
Chairman Lund reviewed comments from the public hearing held prior to the board meeting regarding changes to Town of Eau Galle’s Land Division Ordinance. Board discussed. Motion by Amy Shafer, second by Kevin Larson to adopt the changes to the Town of Eau Galle St. Croix County, WI Land Division Ordinance 2022-01 with the one additional change discussed, motion carried.
The Town Board discussed updates to the Brookville Cemetery rules and cemetery brush/weed removal, no action taken. To be addressed per the agenda next month.
The Town Board discussed updates to the fee schedule. Cemetery fees, town hall rental fees, and planning committee meeting costs to be added to the fee schedule. Motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer to approve discussed changes to the fee schedule, motion carried.
The Town Board discussed replacement of the town hall printer. Motion by Amy Shafer, second by Kevin Larson to purchase a new printer for the town hall, motion carried.
- Weight limits will be coming on the roads soon.
- The blacktop on 47th Avenue in front of Murtha’s will be replaced this year.
- 4 ¼ miles of gravel roads in the town will be improved.
- 250th Street will be sealcoated between I-94 and Southside Drive.
- Tree-trimming is complete and was under budget.
- The U.S. Department of Treasury has released new guidance and a Final Rule regarding ARPA funding. The deputy clerk will research the 400 page document to see what town projects can qualify for ARPA funding.
- Deputy Clerk will be working on cemetery files, ARPA funding, and road work grants.
- The town hall office will be re-organized to accommodate two workstations, and the board may need to look into purchasing more office equipment.
- Three Planning Committee members will need to be appointed in April. At least one committee member will not be returning for another term.
Public Comment/Open Forum:
Date of Next Meeting:
The regular monthly Board Meeting will be held at 7:00 PM on March 14, 2022.
Motion to Adjourn at 8:26 PM by Amy Shafer, second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.