Minutes of the Feb. 13, 2023 Town of Eau Galle Board Meeting
*Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town Board*
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Town Board Chairman Lund at 7:00 PM at
the town hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that the notice of the meeting was posted as required by statutes and noted no additional items were added since the February Agenda was posted at the Town Hall and on the official Town website.
The Town Board members present were Kevin Larson, Amy Shafer, Nicole Olson, and Jim Lund.
The agenda was approved as presented on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.
Minutes of the January 09, 2023 Town Board Meeting were approved on a motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.
Minutes of the January 09, 2023 Town Caucus were approved on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.
Treasurer’s report, and bills were reviewed. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to approve the bills as presented, motion carried. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to approve 3 additional checks for election workers, motion carried.
Building and Driveway Permits issued were reviewed.
Clerk reviewed correspondence and emails.
Town board discussed training and hourly rate of pay for the new clerk/treasurer. Motion by Amy Shafer, second by Kevin Larson to set the rate of pay at $18.00/hour for new clerk/treasurer training, motion carried.
The Town Board discussed mandatory Board of Review (BOR) training and requirements. Motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer to authorize payment for up to three board members to attend BOR virtual training, motion carried.
- Brushing continues in the SE corner of the town and is almost complete. The county plans to finish up 25th Avenue without exceeding the budget of $25,000.00 for brushing.
- Budget for snowplowing is $50,000. We’ve spent approximately $35,000.
- A resident on 12th Avenue is experiencing problems with snow being piled in front of their driveway by county plow trucks. A hammerhead will be installed at the end of 12th Avenue on the southside of the road to help with snow removal. Cost is estimated to be $2,000.00
- 2023 Road project selections–Town has 48.09 miles of road
- Pave reconstruct 60th Ave (County Rd B to 270th Street)
- Pave reconstruct 47th Ave (approximately 670 ft)
- Pave reconstruct 20th Ave (222nd Street to 230th Street)
- 5 miles of seal coating town roads
- Town will mow ditches this year and not spray.
- Mowing and Brushing will begin in the NE corner of the town
WTA was held January 26th.
- Tire recycling will be available year round, please visit St. Croix County website for details.
- April Election will include a referendum from St. Croix County to include hiring 24 new county employees
The Fire Department has hired a replacement District Chief, Gary Newton.
Chairman Lund and Clerk/Treasurer met with Rick Bonlender from First Bank of Baldwin to discuss bank name change to Pillar Bank, a possible loan for road projects, and other items to be discussed at the next board meeting.
Public Comment/Open Forum:
Date of Next Meeting:
The next regular monthly Board Meeting will be held on Monday March 13th at 7:00 PM.
Motion to Adjourn at 7:36 PM by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.
Approved: March 13, 2023