Minutes of 08-09-2021 Eau Galle Board Meeting
*Minutes are unofficial until approved by the Town Board*
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Town Board Chairman Lund at 7:00 PM at the town hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that the notice of the meeting was posted as required by statutes and no additional items had been added since the August Agenda was published in the Baldwin Bulletin.
The Town Board members present were Kevin Larson, Amy Shafer, Jim Lund, and Nicole Olson.
The agenda was approved as posted on a motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson, motion carried.
Minutes of the 07-12-2021 Board Meeting were approved on a motion by Kevin Larson second by Amy Shafer, motion carried.
Treasurer’s report and bills were reviewed. Motion by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson to approve the bills as presented with the addition of one check to Baldwin Bulletin, motion carried.
Building and Driveway Permits issued were reviewed.
Clerk reviewed correspondence and emails.
Website redesign contract was reviewed. Motion by Amy Shafer, second by Kevin Larson to sign contract to redesign the town website, motion carried.
- The town ditches need to be mowed. Some residents have planted crops in the ditches. The crops that were planted in the ditches will be mowed down in the interest of public safety.
- ¼ of the town is due for brushing. This has not yet been scheduled. Agenda item for next month.
- 5th Avenue brush will be cut this year prior to snowplow season.
- Seal coating 2/3 of a mile on 250th Street North of I-94 will not be completed this year.
- St. Croix County seal coated 2 miles of 250th Street South of I-94. This was unscheduled in the town budget for 2021 road work and St. Croix County has advised this invoice can be paid next year if the town chooses to delay payment. Invoice has not yet been received.
- 2 culverts are failing on 20th Ave and need to be replaced this fall. The estimate is approximately $15,000.00.
- Possible project for LRIP is ¾ of a mile of 20th Ave East of Highway 63.
- Resolution 2021-03 was reviewed. Motion by Amy Shafer, second by Kevin Larson to adopt Resolution #2021-03. Chairman Lund took a roll call vote; Chairman Lund- Aye, Amy Shafer-Aye, Kevin Larson-Aye, motion carried. Resolution 2021-03 signed.
- Interim guidance remains fluid. Discussion occurred regarding possible projects. No action taken.
- No items noted for next month’s meeting.
- United Fire and Rescue is increasing their assessment by 5%. Our town portion will increase to $40,000.00 next year. Last year was $39,000.00.
- A town resident selling his home advertised a mother-in-law suite that could be used for rental income. The mother-in-law suite was never inspected. The town building inspector sent the resident a violation of the municipal building code of ordinances notice.
- The Board of Review is coming up. Open Book will be held at the town hall August 25th from 12:00 PM- 2:00 PM. Board of Review will be held September 1st from 12:00 PM -2:00 PM.
- The Park Fund can be used for cemetery improvements. A town resident is willing to make a list of needed improvements and present the list to the town board in order to prioritize the use of funds. The Deputy Clerk is interested in transferring paper copies of cemetery plots and other important data to an electronic record. Agenda item for next month.
- Fall Clean-up date will be scheduled for the end of September.
- No comments
Driveway and Highway Access Ordinance was reviewed. Several changes were made in order to comply with updated new town plan. The adoption of the Updated Driveway and Highway Access Ordinance will be an agenda item at next month’s meeting.
Date of next meeting: Monday September 13, 2021 at 7:00 PM
Motion to Adjourn at 8:11 PM by Amy Shafer second by Kevin Larson. Motion carried.