Minutes of 04-08-2013 Eau Galle Board
Minutes are unofficial until approved by Town Board
The regular monthly meeting was called to order by Chairman Lund at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall.
Chairman Lund indicated that notice of the meeting was posted as required by Statutes.
Town Board members present were David North, Dennis Duckworth, Jim Lund and William Peavey.
The agenda was approved as presented on a motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth, motion carried.
Minutes of the March 11, 2013 Board Meeting were approved on a motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth, motion carried
Bills for the month were reviewed. Motion by Dennis Duckworth second by David North to approve bills as presented, motion carried.
Clerk reviewed correspondence.
Discussed CSM for Jim Risselman in section 13. Board reviewed and discussed many options and concerns, no action at this time, on next agenda.
Discussed CSM for Sam Olson in section 25. Board reviewed and discussed many options and concerns. Chairman Lund to draft and send letter to Community Development Committee with concerns, on next agenda.
Chairman Lund reviewed the need to appoint 2 members to Planning Commission for Pete Stanaitis and Jerry Campbell whose terms have expired. Both members are willing to continue. Motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth to reappoint Pete Stanaitis and Jerry Campbell to Planning Commission, motion carried.
Chairman Lund reviewed request from Town resident to allow ATV & UTV use on Town Roads. Request was for a 1 year trial period from May 15 to November 15. ATV Club would erect signs. Comments made;
- Proposed State Law to require to be 16 years old to operate on roads
- Not passed at this time
- Require WI Drivers License?
- Require adult along?
- Residents now call Chairman
- Need to call 911
- If Town rules are stricter then State Statues Town would need to hire enforcement.
- Costs for Town
- Maintain signs
- Town liability for issues that present themselves
- Town would need signs erected per WI statues
- Pay County sign man
- Liability for ATV club when installing sign
- Motion by David North to allow ATV & UTV use on 250th. St from the Pierce County line to 50th. then East on 50th to the Cady Town line for a 1 year trial period. Possible conditions;
- 35 mph speed limit
- Hours from 8 AM to dusk
- Time period from June 1 to November 1
- ATV Club to pay for all costs
- Would require action by Board to continue
- Chairman Lund asked 3 times for a second, hearing none the motion failed for lack of a second.
Residents are welcome to return with specific proposal if the State Statue is changed.
No action taken at this time
Chairman Lund announced that Building Inspector was not invited to this meeting because of length of ATV use discussion, on next month’s agenda.
Chairman Lund reviewed 2013 road work;
- Weight Limits signs installed
- Patching in progress
- Trees removed area of 220th and 10th.
- County to reconstruct BB from 94 to Pierce County Line
- 20th & BB intersection to be rebuilt, no cost to Town
- 55th has deteriorated this spring
- Need to chose between finishing 250th for 1.4 miles or start on 55th.
- Will get cost estimates and updates on both projects
- 4 control has been contacted to do spraying east of BB
- Chairman Lund reviewed recommended bridge work for 2013. Motion by David North second by Dennis Duckworth to proceed with bridge work as recommended by St. Croix County Highway Department, motion carried.
Bill Peavey reported only one person has presented options on web site. Eric Kuznacic has proposed comprehensive update of the web site for $ 1300.00 for first year and $600.00 for second year with additional costs as needed. Clerk to contact other 2 original interested parties to see if still interested. On next month’s agenda.
- Annual Meeting 4-16
- Clean Up at Murtha’s 04-20
- Need to set up Board of Review dates
- Lawn mowing, keep Prestige Lawn Landscape
- Baldwin Telecom installing fiber optics cable SW corner Town
- Farmland Preservation informational meeting coming up at Hall
- Date to be determined
- Before June
- 1-2 hours
- Will notify by posting and notice in Woodville and Baldwin papers
- Questions on changes of Building Inspections and permits
- Suggested changes are for Commercial
- Logs in ditch on 233rd
Next meeting 05-13-2013 at 7:00 P.M.
Motion to adjourn by David North second by Dennis Duckworth, motion carried.
William Peavey Clerk/Treasure
Download PDF version: Minutes of April 8, 2013 Meeting