Notice of the Board of Review For the Town of Eau Galle
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Review for the Town of Eau Galle St. Croix County shall hold its adjourned meeting on the 9th day of June 2013 at 6:45 PM.
THE BOARD OF REVIEW WILL IMMEDIATELY ADJOURN UNTIL JUNE 24TH 2014 AT 12 NOON TO ALLOW THE ASSESSOR TIME TO COMPLETE ASSESSMENT ROLL.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the Board of Review and procedural requirements if appearing before the Board:
- No person shall be allowed to appear before the Board of Review, to testify to the Board by telephone or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the assessor to view such property.
- After the first meeting of the Board of Review and before the Board’s finial adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the Board of Review may contact, or provide information to, a member of the Board about the person’s objection except at a session of the Board.
- No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the Board by telephone or contest the amount of assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the Board or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed because the person has been granted a waiver of the 48-hour notice of an intent to file a written objection by appearing before the Board during the first two hours of the meeting and showing good cause for failure to meet the 48-hour notice requirement and files a written objection, that the person provides to the Clerk of the Board of Review notice as to whether the person will ask for removal of any Board members and, if so, which members will be removed and the person’s reasonable estimate of the length of time the hearing will take.
- When appearing before the Board, the person shall specify, in writing, the persons estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
- No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the Board by telephone or subject or object to a valuation; if that valuation was made by the Assessor or the Objector using the income method; unless the person supplies the Assessor all the information about income or expenses, as specified in the manual under sec 73.03(2a), that the assessor requests. The Town of Eau Galle has an Ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income expenses that is provided to the Assessor under this paragraph which provides exemptions for persons using information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or of the duties of their office or by order of a court. The information that is provided under this paragraph, unless a court determined that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under Section 19.35(1) of Wis. Statues.
- The Board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill or disabled persons who present to the Board a letter from a physician, surgeon or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other persons may testify by telephone.
Respectfully Submitted Town of Eau Galle
William Peavey, Clerk
Dated May 28, 2014