TOWN OF EAU GALLE
NON-RESIDENTIAL BUILDING PERMIT ORDINANCE
STATE OF WISCONSIN
Town of Eau Galle
St. Croix County
Download: Building Permit Ordinance – Non-Residential (PDF)
SECTION I – TITLE AND PURPOSE
The title of this ordinance is the Town of Eau Galle Building Information Permit Ordinance. The purpose of this ordinance is for the town to have information regarding the type, size, and location of all non residential buildings and structures constructed, reconstructed, remodeled after the effective date of this ordinance.
SECTION II – AUTHORITY
The town board of the town has the authority under s. 60.61, Wis. stats., and general authority under its village powers under s. 60.22, Wis. stats., to adopt this ordinance.
SECTION III – ADOPTION OF ORDINANCE
This ordinance, adopted by a majority of the town board on a roll call vote with a quorum present and voting and proper notice having been given, requires a town building information permit for all non residential buildings constructed, reconstructed, remodeled as provided in this ordinance.
SECTION IV – DEFINITIONS
In this ordinance:
- “Building” means any non residential building or structure and any installation constructed, reconstructed, remodeled, enlarged, altered for any use within the town, including but not limited to garages, agricultural structures, and outbuildings.
- “Owner” means any person having a legal or equitable interest in a building. “Owner” does not include any person whose legal or equitable interest in a building is a security interest derived solely from the extension of credit to permit construction or remodeling of the building or purchase of the building by a third party.
- “Town” means the Town of Eau Galle St. Croix County, Wisconsin, and includes the town’s officers, employees, and agents when appropriate.
- “Town board” means the Board of Supervisors for the Town of Eau Galle, or any person designated to act for the town board.
- “Town clerk” means the Clerk of the Town of Eau Galle or his or her deputy or agent.
- “Wis. stats.” means the Wisconsin Statutes, including successor provisions.
SECTION V – REQUIREMENT FOR BUILDING INFORMATION PERMIT
The owner of any building or structure in the town, unless exempt under this ordinance, who constructs, installs, remodels, reconstructs, enlarges, alters, removes, or demolishes any building or structure within the town shall seek and obtain from the town a Town Building Information Permit prior to commencing, or causing the commencement of, any construction, installation, remodeling, reconstruction, enlargement, altering of any building.
SECTION VII – EXEMPTIONS FROM PERMIT REQUIREMENT
The requirement in Section VI to obtain a Town Building Information Permit shall not apply to any of the following:
- Buildings or structures owned by the town.
- Additions, remodeling, reconstruction, enlargement, or alterations to buildings, when the cost of the work, including labor, shall be less than $5,000 within a 12-month period.
- The restoration or repair of building equipment, such as furnaces, windows, doors, roofing, siding, central air conditioners, water heaters, and similar mechanical equipment without the alteration or addition to the building or structure.
- Fences or other similar enclosures.
SECTION VIII – OTHER REQUIREMENTS REMAIN APPLICABLE
The issuance of this Town Building Information Permit does not relieve the owner from any of the following:
- Obtaining any permit that may be required by any other state law or local ordinance, including but not limited to any of the following:
- County sanitary permits.
- Town, county, or state driveway permits.
- State one- and 2-family dwelling code permits.
- Any other applicable permit under town or county ordinance or state law.
- Complying with any other requirement, ordinance, or law, including, but not limited to, those governing zoning, subdivision, land division, and setbacks.
SECTION IX – TOWN BUILDING PERMIT FORM, ISSUANCE, AND FEE
The town board is authorized to approve by resolution a Town Building Information Permit form, designate the person or persons authorized to issue the permits, and establish a fee for issuance of the permits. Refer to Fee Schedule for current fee. The authorized person issuing a Building Permit under this Ordinance shall be compensated $25.00.
SECTION X – PENALTIES
Any person that fails to comply with the provisions of this ordinance shall, upon conviction, pay a forfeiture of not less than $25 nor more than $100, plus the applicable surcharges, assessments and costs for each violation. Each day a violation exists or continues constitutes a separate offense under this ordinance. In addition, the town board may seek injunctive relief from a court of record to enjoin further violations. Any construction started before permit is issued will be subject to double the fee in addition to any penalties.
SECTION XI – SEVERABILITY
If any provision of this ordinance or its application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the invalidity does not affect other provisions or applications of this ordinance that can be given effect without the invalid provision or application, and to this end the provisions of this ordinance are severable.
SECTION XII – EFFECTIVE DATE
EFFECTIVE DATE. This ordinance shall be effective upon passage and publication as provided by law.
Adopted this 9th, day of May, 2016
James M Lund Amy B Shafer
Kevin M Larson
Attest: William Peavey
Published May 24, 2016